Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, February 16, 2009

Show Review: Cushnie et Ochs

On Friday I was still a bit jetlagged, so decided to keep it low key with the Cushnie et Ochs show:
If you've been reading the Fashion Bomb, you'd know that the dynamic Parson's alumnae behind the line, dubbed the next Proenza Schouler, were the recipients of a $25,000 Ecco Domani Fashion Award to show at Fashion Week.
With all their accolades, I was super excited to see what they would send down the runway:

Their Fall 2009 collection focused on subdued blacks, grays, and whites accented with pops of futuristic metallic. Edgy and eye catching, the ladies went for drama with dresses, jackets, and pants with singular details like cut outs, single arms, liquid materials, and high collars:
While I gushed over some of the more club ready frocks, I felt perhaps the ladies pushed the envelope too far with certain looks--some sheer tops, short skirts, and super tight satin dresses seemed more bawdy than sexy...
They may have overshot just a bit, but they have the proven talent to bring it back. I look forward to seeing their future collections.
After the show, I stopped backstage and interviewed Carly Cushnie about the line's inspiration:

What do you think?

3 comments:

Scarica said...

This looks like American Apparel meets recent Marc Jacobs...me no likey....way too skimpy, way too tight, just out there. Looks kind of cheap also.

LoudPen said...

I completely agree with Erica. There seems to be no real originality and these are definitely not things I would buy. And the proportions just seem to be off.

Monique Famous said...

Their clothing cute, i'd wear it.